Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ user_role_editor shortcode problem

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    kardon
    Participant

I have content on a page that I want to control what a user sees based on their roles. I make sure I can see all content first and then I add the shortcode on the page via the text editor. Everything disappears. No matter what role I use in the shortcode. I can’t get it to show me anything

Text editor code:
    [user_role_editor roles=”caclient”]
    my special content
    [/user_role_editor]

I confirmed that the role ID is caclient and the user was assigned that role.

I have every item checked on the Additional Modules tab at the network level.

What am I missing?

kardon
    Participant

Updated information:
    Administrators can see all content but those with lower roles can not.

I deleted the plugin and re-installed it just to see if that mattered and it does not.

Everything works fine except the shortcodes. What can I try to isolate the problem?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Try other user with ‘caclient’ role. Will it change something? If ‘Yes’, assign to the former user other role and then assign ‘caclient’ back.

I tested shortcode feature today (to be sure) and this is the record of my test.

kardon
    Participant

I have tested further and even removed all plugins but no success with the shortcode.

It is multisite – could that be an issue?

Here is a record of my tests and set up. Hopefully you may see something in there.

kardon
    Participant

Sorry, I this is the correct URL for screencast.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thank you for the screencast. Shortcode works at my test multisite WordPress installation. So it should not be an issue.

Could you please send your test post content as a .txt file attachment to support [at-sign] role-editor.com?

kardon
    Participant

Just sent it over to you. Thanks for your help.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for the additional information. I paid attention on that after read of your 1st message, but thought that text is shown by WordPress/bbPress that way. Please check the double quotes used at the shortcode. Instead of

[user_role_editor roles=”caclient”]

ordinal HTML complied double quote symbol should be there:

[user_role_editor roles="caclient"]

The same problem should be fixed here:

[user_role_editor roles=”affiliate"]

kardon
    Participant

I knew it would be something tiny like that! You have made my day!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.