Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports URE is hiding other plugin's option without my consent

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gcacciola
    Participant

Hello Vladimir, how are you? I think I found another bug.
    There is a plugin called “advanced content template” that have a few options below its menu, once I get its license activated, one of the options goes away. The other developer took a deeper look into it and told me that URE is causing the issue. I will paste our email conversation below. If there is anything you can do about it, I would appreciate.

Please start reading from the bottom.

His website and contact are at: https://objectiv.co

Best regards.

Giacomo

——————————–

Hi Giacomo,

I tracked this down. The User Roles Editor Pro plugin is causing this.

It’s not obvious why this would be, but they are doing something unorthodox with admin menus that is breaking our implementation. I’ve thoroughly reviewed our implementation and it’s very standard…I don’t see that we are doing anything wrong that would cause this incompatibility.

The good news is that there is a free plugin that should provide the functionality you are using with User Roles Editor Pro:

Members

It’s written by Justin Taddock, a very well known dev, and I think it has all of the features you need.

Alternatively you could disable the User Roles Editor plugin when you aren’t using it.

Hope that helps!

Clif

——————————–

Hi Giacomo,

That’s very strange indeed.

In order to figure this out swiftly, I think the best next step is to get FTP access.

That way I can see exactly why it’s not working in your situation. Is that possible?

Best,
    Clif

——————————–

Hey Clif!
    How are you?

I’ve got some not too great news for you!

Yesterday I was at home when I received your email, and did all the process to update and upload the new version. And told you it worked! But today, when I got to the office, I told the team that we had “add templates” working again and when I went to show them, it was GONE! I hate when that happens hahah computers are weird creatures.

The process yesterday was: deactivate the plugin and delete it through the admin UI. While deleting it I had an error “deleting could not be completed” so I ftped it and deleted manually. Uploaded the new one through ftp and activated it on the admin ui, then activated the license. Less than 12 hours later, something went wrong.

Do you mind investigating it again?

Thanks!

Regards
    ——————————–

Hi Giacomo,

I just pushed up version 2.0.10 which fixes this issue!

Unfortunately I also noticed an issue with the updater, so you’ll want to update manually by downloading the zip here: [removed]

Let me know if you need any assistance.

Best,
    Clif
    ——————————–
    Hi Giacomo,

That is very strange indeed!

Did you disable Simple Content Templates?

Can you give us access to WP admin so we can see this up close? You can invite [email protected] (Admin rights are best)

Thanks!
    Clif
    ——————————–
    Hello, I had simple content template plugin installed and everything worked fine. I then bought the advanced content templates, and received an activation code, I installed it and promptly activated it. Today when I was going to use it for the first time, the option “add template was missing”. I deactivated the license, reinstalled the plugin, than the option “add template” appeared again.
    I thought, ok, let me activate my license again. Once I activate, the option “add template” goes missing.

Any ideas? That way I can’t even start using the plugin.

Regards.

Giacomo

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Giacomo,

I suppose that it’s not a bug, but a feature.

Look at ‘Settings->User Role Editor->Additional Modules’ tab, ‘Content Edit Restrictgions’ section. Do you have ‘Activate “Create” capability for posts/pages/custom post types’ option turned ON there?

Did you test with ‘administrator’ role of with any other one?

If ‘Yes’ on both questions, then check that ‘create_act_templates’ capability was granted to that role too.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Check if ‘create_act_templates’ was granted to the ‘administrator’ role also. It can take place from time to time that admin does not have all existing privileges.

gcacciola
    Participant

Hello Vladimir, how are you? I was about to check what you suggested, but when I go to URE roles UNDER USERS, , it doesn’t show administrator there anymore!

But when I go to a page or post restrictions, administrator is showing fine there!

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Look at the ‘Settings->User Role Editor->General’ tab and check if option ‘Show Administrator role at User Role Editor’ is turned ON. It should be turned ON in order URE shows ‘Administrator’ role at the list of roles available for editing.

gcacciola
    Participant

Great! It worked! It showed admin on the edit screen, I unchecked create templates and checked again, and we are back with everything working! Thanks!

Giacomo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.