Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Upload media failed "error while sending" but upload success

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    fadecha
    Participant

I create a new role for editing custom post type like an author.
    Everything works great but I have this message when I upload images : “error while sending.please try later”.
    The preview doesn’t wok and it’s seems like it failed but when I update the custom post the image is in the media.
    I tried desactivate the others plugin, but it doesn’t change anything.
    It’s only working in administrator role.
    I tried to change the permission in asyn-upload.php and in ajax-actions.php, to desactivate the security “if ( ! current_user_can( ‘edit_page’, $post_ID ) )”… but the error is still there.
    Any help ?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Show the exact error message. I can not find ‘error while sending’ at WordPress code.
    What’s happened if your upload image by user with WP built-in ‘editor’ role?

fadecha
    Participant

Hi,
    The message is in french :”Une erreur est survenue lors de l’envoi. Veuillez réessayer plus tard.” so the english traduction is “An error occured when sending . Please try again later.”
    When I use Editor role it doesn’t work (I try in custom post type I create). Only admin is working.

My wordpress and extensions are all updated.
    Thank your for your help.

fadecha
    Participant

Ok I found the bug !! I use the inspector on the file asyn-upload.php like this post https://sebastian.expert/fix-wordpress-an-error-occurred-in-the-upload-please-try-again-later/#image-1311
    and i found a bug in a hook to unset some menu if I was not administrator… sorry for disturb you for nothing…

Vladimir
    Keymaster

No problem. Thanks for the information that your issue was resolved.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.