Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Update causes admin menu to change and not work

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    LoriD1
    Participant

First I suddenly couldn’t go to all items on a number of my custom posts. It flipped to my host menu options. When I updated this plugin, my admin menu seemed to break. first the ability to go to the website itself disappeared. second all items link from the custom posts disappeared all together.

I deactivated all my plugins and reactivated them one by one to confirm it was this plugin. Unfortunately I need this plugin to work properly.

Please advise if this is to be fixed.
    thank you
    Lori

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Lori,

In general, a recent update does not include any critical changes to lead to so critical results. There are a lot of different installations and while home testing didn’t show any problem, it’s possible to meet one any way. That’s why it’s a rule of thumb to install any update to the stage/test copy of your live/production site and test there 1st. Or at least to create a fresh backup copy of your data before install the update.

Does a problem still exist if you deactivate URE Pro plugin?
    Do you see custom post types if you login as a superadmin?
    Does your ‘administrator’ role has all user capabilities included or some capabilities were lost?
    Do you see any PHP error messages at your web server system log files?

Can you reproduce a problem? That is install a copy of files and data on a moment before URE update, install update and get a problem you described? I mean that I need to reproduce it too in my local development environment, in order to start work on a fix.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

By the email report from Lori: issue was not reproduced and currently went away.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.