Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

When I go to users – ure and click the drop-down to select a role, the page does not auto refresh and load the role I selected. I am able to set the settings for the role by manually entering the permissions, and clicking update. Then that role is properly selected and I can do things such as admin screen customization. If I try to switch to another role through the dropdown, it does not work. Every time I select a role through the dropdown it does not refresh and load the role. I have cleared my browser cache with no improvement. Any suggestions?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Look at the browser JavaScript console for any error messages. Usually some problem with loaded JavaScript code prevents to AJAX request execution, which should provide data for a new selected role.

[email protected]
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. There is one item that shows up in the javascript console. Here it is:

load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-draggable,jquery-ui-slider,jquery-tou&load[]=ch-punch,iris,wp-color-picker,moxiejs,plupload&ver=4.9.8:9 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1

Vladimir
    Keymaster

OK. Will be some error message shown at JS console after you select another role from a dropdown list?

[email protected]
    Participant

When I change the role with the drop-down, nothing additional shows up in the console. The page stays the same too, with the only change being the role shown in the drop-down box.

Thank you so much for your help.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Is it possible to look at your site with administrator privileges?
    If Yes, send credentials directly to support [at-sign] role-editor.com

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Good news 1: URE works at your site as expected. It takes a couple of seconds to get new selected role capabilities from a server, but it refreshes capabilities view normally.

Good news 2: You helpled me to find a bug. If 1st click “Granted only” checkbox then try to change a current role, checkboxes are not refreshed as they should. They stay in the same state as for previously selected role.

Let me know if you tried to change current role with “Granted only” checkbox turned ON.

Any way I will develop a fix for this bug ASAP.

[email protected]
    Participant

Thank you so much for your help. I was using the granted only feature when I was looking at the current permissions that I wanted to change. With that deselected, it works as it is supposed to. I didn’t think to try that on my own.

Thanks again, it is great to have everything working again!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.