Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    robfromerd
    Participant

Intermittently unable to import roles. The URE admin page reloads and no success or error message appears. Sometimes if I switch between Chrome and Safari I can get one to successfully import. (Also have to rename the .dat file from .dat.pdf to .dat when exporting from Safari)

robfromerd
    Participant

Additional information — the role that does not import is one that I based on another one — when i create a new role from scratch and then export it — that one does import.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Send to support [at-sign] role-editor.com exported file of a role which you can not import. I will investigate what’s going wrong.

robfromerd
    Participant

Hi Vlad
    Updated my local version to latest — which allows more functionality but not consistent display of the success message or success with the file that I sent.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

Import process stops on the step of decoding data back to JSON. It fails due some incorrect (for JSON) characters inside.
    So I need to investigate and fix 2 things:
    1) why error message is not shown;
    2) what’s happening with JSON formatted data.

For item 2) I need raw roles data from the database. Can you send me exported record from wp_options table?
    You can extract needed record with this command:

SELECT * FROM wp_options WHERE option_name='wp_user_roles';

‘wp_’ is your db prefix in table name and in option name value, so if it’s not equal to ‘wp_’ replace ‘wp_’ to your own db prefix value from wp-config.php file.

robfromerd
    Participant

I am pretty sure this failure to import occurs when I base a new role on an existing one. Ones created from scratch can be imported but this is a pain as I have a long series of roles that are similar except they are restricted to different site sections via post id in Posts Edit dialog.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I tested with another roles data (21 roles) you provided. I can not reproduce the issue with import exported role. I tried create a role as a copy of another one and export/import it. No problem.

Technically new role from scratch and role as copy of another role are created the same way both. New role created just as a copy of subscriber role.

Definitely, a reason of the issue is somewhere else. Is it possible to get access to your site stage copy with admin access to reproduce/investigate the issue?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.