Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    markogne
    Participant

So far everything has worked well… except Twitter Ultimate insists on showing in the settings menu. Everything but this one item has been remove just fine. How do I remove this last item?

Thank you!

Mark

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Do you try to hide its menu item with “Admin menu access” add-on?

I need access to the Twitter Ultimate copy in order to test it. You can share its .zip via DropBox or GoogleDrive with support [at-sign] role-editor.com
    I install such products locally and use for the testing/investigation purpose only.

markogne
    Participant

Done… just sent you the email.

Thank you!

Mark

Vladimir
    Keymaster

TU plugin uses 1 instead of a real user capability when adds its menu item to the “Settings” menu (twitter_ultimate.php:15):

add_options_page ( "Twitter Ultimate", "Twitter Ultimate", 1, "twitterultimate", "twitterultimate_settings" );

I can just suppose that this plugin is quite older and uses the deprecated user level 1.

So this menu item is available to any user with the deprecated ‘level_1’ capability.

Solution 1st: edit ‘twitter_ultimate.php’ file and replace 1 with ‘manage_options’ or other user capability on your choice.

Another solution – revoke level_1 deprecated capability from a role for which you wish to prohibit access to this menu item. User with such role can disappear from the list of authors at the post editor page though (more information).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.