Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lorim
    Participant

I created a new role and checked the “edit_theme_options” box. Under Admin Menu, I granted access to view Appearance and all items underneath including Widgets. However, they still cannot see the Widgets option in their menu. The only thing that comes up is Appearance but does nothing when clicked. Please help.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Lori,

Does user with this role see a full “Appearance” menu if you deactivate “Admin menu access” add-on?
    Show the screenshot of restrictions you made for this role with “Admin menu”.

lorim
    Participant

No – it still does not show anything, just the menu item ‘Appearance’. I don’t see an option to attach a screenshot?

lorim
    Participant

Sorry – here’s the screenshot: http://prnt.sc/djiofe

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Do you use any other admin menu management plugins, like “Adminimize”, “Admin menu editor”? Check if there are no restrictions for “Appearance” menu there.

I do not recommend to use different roles editing plugins together (I see WPFront menu at the screenshot), they may conflict with each other because of they work on the same field.

I may look on the issue on-line if you send me admin credentials (support [at-sign] role-editor.com)

lorim
    Participant

I only use WPFront for a notification bar not their user role management. I will send admin creds now. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.