Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Something went wrong: error:14077438:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    albiurs
    Participant

Hi,

In my network installation, after upgrading the pro-plugin from 4.17 to 4.21.1, I got the error message
    Something went wrong: error:14077438:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert internal error
    where the license key is entered. I also tried to enter the key again, but withe the same error.

Thanks

albiurs
    Participant

…before the upgrade, it was fine.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Earlier versions did not check license key after you updated it.

This issue could be related to the older version of system software (PHP, curl) installed at your hosting server:
    http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/192944/how-to-fix-curl-sslv3-alert-handshake-failure

Try input into browser this URL:
    https://www.role-editor.com/update?action=get_metadata&slug=user-role-editor-pro&license_key=your-license-key-here

Does it work without error?

URE just calls wp_remote_get() with this URL. A problem with SSL connection occurs at PHP or even deeper system level.

albiurs
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.
    I entered your url above and replaced the end with my own license key. However the page looks quite strange, showing a lot of html code. At the end of it I get:
    “license_state”:”active”,”request_time_elapsed”:”0.071″}
    So I guess my key should be fine.
    Any suggestion?
    Thanks!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

In general problem may be resolved by updating server side curl version to one which support automatic selection of TLS v. 3. I agree that it’s a problem with a shared hosting. Fortunately, I can reproduce a problem at my 1and1 hosted server and search a solution currently.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Please ignore a suggestion you may receive by mail – it’s testing is not finished yet.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Please re-test. It’s seems my service provides right answer for the older curl versions now.
    At least an error was gone when I try to test from my 1and1 server.

albiurs
    Participant

Perfect thanks! Works all fine now.
    Have a nice weeken,
    Urs

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.