Tagged: , ,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hey,

I gave my Subscriber Role the ability to edit pages, by assigning just 2 page-ids to this role.

The only thing I also need is a shared media-library. So I want him to see all existing uploads and files.

I did already check “Upload Files” for the subscriber role, but that doen’s show the media uploads for the subscriber role.

How can I do that?

I also want the Subscriber to be able to edit those pages, not only view them. What do I have to set?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

This is a default behavior of User Role Editor: user with editing posts/pages restrictions sees only those media library items, which he uploaded himself.

Ok, is there some setting I can set? Or any “hack” or function i can set in the functions.php file? This would be really important for me.

I upgraded to the payed version of the plugin, but I really need this functionality. Thank you in advance.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I added special filter to the development version 4.19.b17. Try it. Add this code to the active theme functions.php to set this filter:

add_filter('ure_attachments_show_full_list', 'show_attachments_full_list', 10, 1);

function show_attachments_full_list($show_full_list) {
        return true;
    }

It allows to show full Media Library items list for the restricted users.

Dear Vladimir,

thank you, but unfortunately this does not work for me. Neither does this …

add_action( 'admin_init', 'rk_shared_uploads' );
    add_action( 'init', 'rk_shared_uploads');

function rk_shared_uploads() {
        $subscriber = get_role( 'subscriber' );
        $subscriber->add_cap( 'upload_files' );
        $subscriber->add_cap( 'unfiltered_upload' );

$contributor = get_role( 'contributor' );
        $contributor->add_cap( 'upload_files' );
        $contributor->add_cap( 'unfiltered_upload' );

$author = get_role( 'author' );
        $author->add_cap( 'upload_files' );
        $author->add_cap( 'unfiltered_upload' );
    }

that I have tested.

I have a subscriber that has the ability to edit and update 3 pages. It is also possible for him to “upload new media”, but if I click on Media-Overview in the backend it says “No Media found”

Any further ideas?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

What version of URE Pro do you use? Is it 4.19.b17?

Version 4.18.5

Vladimir
    Keymaster

My recommendation above (about adding special filter to the active theme’s functions.php file) works for the development version 4.19.b17 only. You may download it after login from download page. Use “Download” link under “Development version available” title.

Thanks, now I have the latest version … http://cloud.florianmatthias.com/boym

but still no luck … 
    I have a subscriber with this caps enabled … http://cloud.florianmatthias.com/bpOT

… and I have your function in the functsion.php file.

However I log in under this user I can edit and update the 3 pages, but when clicking on media I get this … http://cloud.florianmatthias.com/bp5J (which is german for no media available)

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I re-checked with your role copy and got a needed result with full list of Media Library items.
    If that’s possible you may send me admin credentials to check your settings on-line (support [at-sign] role-editor.com).

Vladimir
    Keymaster

In general, ‘upload_files’ is enough to see all items of the ‘Media Library’ and may add a new one.
    I deactivated URE at your site temporally and ‘subscriber’ role still did not see Media Library items. This showed that some other plugin or even theme blocks access to the media library items. After some testing I discovered that your site current setup requires at least the ‘manage_options’ capability to be included into the ‘subscriber’ role in order it has access to media library items uploaded by others.
    So I added ‘manage_options’ to the ‘subscriber’ role and blocked all extra menu items with ‘Admin menu’ add-on. Please check.

Thank you very much.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.