Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sdinvestor2k
    Spectator

After upgrading last Friday to the latest version of UREP I started having issues accessing tabs from within the admin sections of three of my plugins (they wouldn’t switch back and forth or fetch the pages) and when I tried to access the details popup modal for plugins that I’m researching from the Network Admin Plugins “add new” WP repository, it throws a 404 error page from the frontend of my website into the popup details modal in the backend that normally shows the details of the plugin from the WP repository. In addition to this, if I try to download and install a plugin from the WP repository it throws me to the front of my website and I land on a 404 error page.

I have now spend over 24hrs straight trying to resolve this problem. I have disabled my cache, turned off my membership plugin, downgraded, disabled and even removed plugins; all trying to find the problem.

Then I went into the UREP admin options and made it so it would show “Admin” capabilities. Then I went to my personal profile, clicked on capabilities, and I found that ALL of the “manage network” capabilities were unchecked.

After checking all of them under my (super-admin) profile, I regained control of the dashboard tabs under the three plugins I was having issues with. However, I still cannot add plugins from the WordPress repository or look at the details of a given plugin.

Even after I downgraded to 4.12.1 (just about an hour ago) it still redirects me to 404’s on the frontend of the site.

I need some serious eye’s on this one. I can set you up as a Super-Admin and you can see for yourself.

I’m going to turn my cache back on and re-activate some of my plugins but for what it’s worth, I have been working on wordpress sites for a long time and I’m usually very good at eliminating possible causes and I can’t come up with any other possible cause to this issue.

If you go to this link http://seemespace.com/registration/ and create an account I will make you a super-admin and you can see what I’m referring to.

Thank you…

sdinvestor2k
    Spectator

Oh and yes, I deactivated my membership system too and there was no change.

sdinvestor2k
    Spectator

So, for the most part I have resolved almost all of my issues accept I still have not upgraded again from 4.12.1 out of fear I would recreate all of the above mentioned issues.

I am a bit surprised that I have not heard any input or questions from support on this as it was directly related to me upgrading the plugin.

When I upgrade a plugin, especially one such as this one, I always go through a routine of checks and balances to make sure everything is in order.

The only think I did not do was completely disable the plugin before updating it but I’m always leery of this as the problem when WP automatically disables the plugin before applying the upgrade.

Anyway, I hope to at least hear some kind of feedback on this.

Thank you…

Vladimir
    Keymaster

While I try to answer on email questions (support [at-sign] role-editor.com) in an hour, there are some delays with response on the forum topics, which I missed somehow. My apologies for this.

I’m ready to take part in testing the issues you suppose is related to the update from 4.12.1 to 4.14.x

We need to update URE Pro version again to check if issue will appear again and find the reasons. Is it possible to setup the development copy of seemespace.com in order to not break your live site?

Regards,
    Vladimir.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.