Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums New Feature Request Seprating the Page IDs and Custom Post Type IDs when "allowing or prohibiting"

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    garth00798
    Participant

Hello,

Since the 4.25 pro update, I have noticed that page ids and custom post type ids are included on one input line on the profiles to “allow, prohibit or look at roles”. The problem with this is: Let’s say I want a user to see all of one custom post type AND only see three static regular pages. In the user role editor, I set up the role to edit regular pages and also check the proper custom post type to edit.

But when I go into the user’s profile, and enter the three page ids and “allow” them to see those, the custom posts can’t be seen. Maybe I need to allow all custom post type posts, but there over 350 posts with different authors, categories, and post ids. I am not sure.

Is there a way for you to separate the paged ids and custom post type post ids on profiles? Meaning, can I have them just see three page ids AND see all posts from a custom post type automatically?

Thanks!
    Garrett

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Garrett,

Thanks for the detailed description of the problem. I agree with you.
    Different settings for every available post type will make a system more flexible.

It requires requires though to go carefully through all related code, plus user interface changes. I will add such update in a future.

Currently as a quick workaround I will add a filter, so you can manage to what post type to apply URE’s edit restriction and for what post type to ignore them.
    It’s almost ready. I will publish it with 4.25.1 update in 1-2 days.

garth00798
    Participant

Great thank you so much!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Garrett,

I published version 4.25.1. It includes ure_restrict_edit_post_type filter, which allows to achieve your purpose. The example of this filter usage is available here:

ure_restrict_edit_post_type

garth00798
    Participant

Great!! Thank you for the quick turn around! I will take a look at the documentation and let you know know if I have any questions. This is a big help for me! I use your plugin for a website at San Diego State University for their various Social Worker Programs.

garth00798
    Participant

Hello,

Has the “ure_restrict_edit_post_type” filter been removed recently? I am having the original issues again.

Thanks,
    Garrett

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Garrett,

This filter is still available. Check if it was not changed something at its definition at your side.

garth00798
    Participant

Ok thanks! I will look deeper into my set up

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.