Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ Select Posts Setting is not saved

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bmwcecil
    Participant

I am attempting to set up a new user role (named: member-contributor) with the following capabilities:

delete_posts
    delete_published_posts
    edit_posts
    edit_published_posts
    publish_posts
    read
    upload_files
    view_Private_pages

May only edit own data
    May post only in one (1) category: member-posts

When attempting to input the single category “member-posts” under Posts Edits the changes are not saved.

The following modules are enabled under Content editing restrictions:
    Enabled: Activate “Create” capability for posts/pages/custom post types
    Enabled: Activate user access management to editing selected posts, pages, custom post types

I’m running Pro Single on a /localhost/ single site (WP 4.7.4) without an activated license. Are full capabilities of your software not available in a localhost testing environment? How do I implement this simple scenario?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

URE does not restrict its functionality at localhost. I tried and could not repeat an issue. Category ID was saved as expected.

Pay attention that code expects a digital category ID (e.g. 12), not its character slug (e.g. ‘member-posts’). Go to the Posts->Categories page, take category ID from there and input it as a restriction for a selected role.

bmwcecil
    Participant

SOLVED: numeric ID of category worked correctly and worked in localhost environment too. Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.