Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ Safest method to upgrade pro version?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kermit4editor
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for this amazing plugin. I am a pro plugin user, and I am using version 4.21.1. I would like to upgrade to version 4.24.5, but I have some users configured with customized roles and permissions. What is the proper procedure to upgrade the plugin since the auto update feature is disabled in WordPress for this plugin?

Also, will I have to reconfigure all of my settings in the plugin after I upgrade? I hope not.

Thank you,
    Chad

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Chad,

Auto update is available. Check if you input valid license key at the “Settings->User Role Editor->General” tab (under “Network Admin” for the multisite configuration).

Existing settings should be saved after update. Just in case re-check “admin menu access” settings if you set them for some roles.

To update plugin version manually:
    1) deactivate plugin
    2) remove all files at user-role-editor-pro folder via FTP
    3) upload new files from .zip you downloaded from https://role-editor.com/download-plugin
    4) activate plugin back

kermit4editor
    Participant

Thank you, Vladimir!!! 🙂

I guess I forgot to enter my license key. Now I can see the Auto Update link on the WP plugins page.

Thank you again for making such a wonderful plugin.
    -Chad

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.