Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Give user access to plugin – how to Restrict Support Staff Access in Tickera Plugin Settings

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    punchyNZ
    Participant

Hi Vladimir, I am using the Event Ticketing plugin Tickera (Tickera Plugin)

Within the settings menu there are several pages of settings. One of these is the ability to Export PDF. I want to give my support staff the ability to be access that page but not any of the other ones. Is it possible with User Role Editor.

I have successfully limited access to all settings at this stage but would like to know if I can go that one step further 🙂

Regards

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s not possible using user capabilities. But it seems that you can use a filter. Tickera adds “Export PDF” tab using this filter:

add_filter( 'tc_settings_new_menus', array( &$this, 'tc_settings_new_menus_additional' ) );

function tc_settings_new_menus_additional( $settings_tabs ) {
    	$settings_tabs[ 'tickera_export_mixed_data' ] = __( 'Export PDF', 'tc' );
    	return $settings_tabs;
    		}

You can add to this filter with larger priority (99) your own function, which will remove ‘tickera_export_mixed_data’ element from the array with the list of tabs.

Let me know if you need further help.

punchyNZ
    Participant

WOW! Thanks for the reply Vladimir. I’m not that big of a coder so creating the solution is out of my league. I tried (briefly) to have a look through some tutorials but its all rather confusing.

Let’s just park this as I don’t want to take up your time anymore (unless it’s super quick and easy)

Your plugin is fantastic and I wonder why WP doesn’t actually have a function like it.

Regards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.