Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums New Feature Request Restrict posts only on the taxonomy of the term ID set in the post-edit dialog

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    crismeck
    Participant

This may be a case of documentation I didn’t find or something I don’t quite understand.

I have a role that I’ve set up to edit posts with a particular category term ID. It appears however that in addition to the category taxonomy, the role is also restricted against all the other terms in other taxonomies as well. I have a custom taxonomy that I don’t need to be restricted in any way. It appears URE_Posts_Edit_Access::exclude_terms compiles a list of all terms against all taxonomies that are not the terms given in the allowed list. It would work better to have the option to only apply the restriction to the taxonomy the term belongs to. This actually affects a filter I have in the edit screen where the user can use a custom taxonomy to further filter down the list. The pulldown of terms is empty because the list_term_exclusions filter excludes all the terms in the taxonomy.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Yes, URE works with edit restrictions by term ID exactly this way, as you described.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will take it into account with one of the future updates.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.