Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Restrict or Permit access inside WordPress – how to Remove Select Option Change Member Type in User List to one role

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    yomyaffe
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

in user list, i need block or remove the top select, to change the MemberType of the Users. I already change the roles of this role, and only can change the profile and role to some nonBlocked roles. But forum roles and memberType select`s still showing all the options… How can i limit this select’s to the options i need, o how can i remove it for some roles.

Thanks U

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Do you use bbPress to manage forum?
    Is your membership plugin available at the wordpress.org/plugins? Send direct link to it.

yomyaffe
    Participant

Did You recive the screanshots?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

No. Where did you sent them?

yomyaffe
    Participant

I post heare the url of the images, but i can’t see the post… and do it three times..

yomyaffe
    Participant

I post it! But i dont know what happened with this post 🙁

https://aguahara.org/pantallazos/1.jpg
    https://aguahara.org/pantallazos/2.jpg
    https://aguahara.org/pantallazos/3.jpg

Is an user list. You can see “Cambiar perfil” its change profile… it works
    Foro i want limit the forum roles
    but “Cambiar tipo de miembro” change member type… i have all the member types… i need void this select for this role, or show only the member types asociated to the grant roles.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting me know. Your post was automatically got status ‘Pending’ due to 3 links inside and I missed it. I published it now.

I need access to the membership plugin to look how to hide its “Select member type” drop-down menu. Is your membership plugin available at the wordpress.org/plugins? Send to support[at-sign]role-edito.com a direct link to it (at wordpress.org or to your own copy via DropBox or similar sevice).

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Fortunately ‘buddypress-member-types-pro’ plugin does not show it’s ‘Select member type’ drop-down list in case member types list is empty. So we can use this to hide it:

add_filter( 'bp_get_member_types', 'remove_bpmtp_select_member_type', 100 );

function remove_bpmtp_select_member_type( $types ) {
        $user = wp_get_current_user();
        if ( is_array($user->roles ) && in_array('users_administrator', $user->roles ) ) {
            $types = array();
        }

return $types;
    }

Just replace ‘users_administrator’ at the code above with your own role ID and place this code to your active theme functions.php file or set it as a Must Use plugin.

yomyaffe
    Participant

Thanks U Vladimir,

this code work’s fine, but only with one role, how can i do it for different roles?

yomyaffe
    Participant

I already fix it!! thanks u

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.