Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Read Hidden Forums exists but is not visible/controllable

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nitaskmgmt
    Spectator

I am using the bbpress plugin and I want to have hidden forums that only some of my users can see. I downloaded User Role Editor because everyone said this would give me the control I needed to manage this.

I have hidden forums. But there is no capability for users to read hidden forums. I tried adding the capability and I get an error that it already exists. But where? It’s not listed on my core capability or my custom capabilities (screenshot of capabilities: http://screencast.com/t/bODhRFZR). So, even though I have the capability I can’t control it and give it to certain users.

I bought the pro version hoping that would unlock my ability to control that capability but it’s still not there.

help!?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hello,

Some times (year?) ago users started complain that there is a conflict between URE plugin and bbPress. bbPress did not store its own custom capabilities at the WordPress user roles storage but created them dynamically every page load. URE works directly with WP roles storage. It saved bbPress caps to the database when user edited some role. Thus I excluded bbPress capabilities from the User Role Editor scope of view apparently. That’s why you don’t see them in URE.

Let me investigate the question again (couple of days). I may provide you special URE version with opened access to the bbPress capabilities. Are you ready to test how the things will go?

nitaskmgmt
    Spectator

Yes, sorry for the delayed response. I’m ready to test whatever fix you’ve got 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.