Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ Product Category Restriction Not Working

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    camber799
    Participant

Reposting-my prior post in bugs is being ignored.

Hello. I have a product category that I want to restrict to a specific user role. In Edit Category I have the following settings:

View Access: Allow View
    For Users: Slected User Roles: example_role
    Action: Doesn’t matter which is selected but currently set to: Return HTTP 404 error

The products in the category are hidden as expected. However, the category is visible on the shop page to all users. I am expecting that it would not be visible unless logged in as an example_role user.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Note: We’ve disabled most plugins and are on version 4.6.1.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hello,

Excuse for a delay with response.

I confirm this behavior and try to add the fix to the next update. Content view restrictions meta box initially was created for the post editing page and applied to the posts/pages/custom post types only. Much later Content view restrictions meta box was added to the category editing page to allow restrict access to the post content by category. But such restriction are not applied to the category title itself. Good point. Thank you.

camber799
    Participant

Just checking in to see what the status of this issue is. We’re still observing it on our build. Thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.