Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Give user access to plugin – how to Problem with permission to access page on a plugin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    APS
    Participant

Hello,
    I am using LearnDash, an LMS plugin which creates courses, lessons, quizzes, etc. URE allows me to give different roles the possibility to create_courses, edit_courses, delete_courses, etc. However, when a non admin tries to create a quiz, they see the error message : “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page”. They can do everything else in the plugin — create courses, lessons, certificates, etc. just not quizzes. Before I installed LearnDash, I was using a similar quiz plugin and a different role manager plugin (not as good as URE !) Perhaps this has affected the database? Do you have any idea why I am receiving the error message and what I can do?

Thanks!

APS

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Try to allow this user role to edit posts: create_posts, edit_posts, edit_published_posts, edit_others_posts.

APS
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.
    Unfortunately, I’d already given these permissions to the role.
    It’s bizarre because the role can create everything else in the plugin – courses, classes, etc – except quizzes.
    On a test site (on a different server) where I have LearnDash and URE (free version) installed, it’s also impossible for the author and editor role to create quizzes, but a custom role I created based on the contributor role CAN! The same role on my main site CAN’T. What can explain this?
    Please help!
    Best,
    APS

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Send a copy of LearnDash to support [at-sign] role-editor.com
    I will investigate this issue.

CEA
    Participant

Was there ever a solution to this? Having the same issue.

ElizabethM
    Participant

Same issue here…any resolution? Thanks.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Can you share with me the latest version of Learndash? If Yes, share it with support [at-sign] role-editor.com via Google Drive or DropBox.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

@ElizabethM: Thanks for your help.

Learndash (LD) plugin source code checking showed that LD uses 10 additional capabilities to manage access for quizies:
    wpProQuiz_show
    wpProQuiz_add_quiz
    wpProQuiz_edit_quiz
    wpProQuiz_delete_quiz
    wpProQuiz_show_statistics
    wpProQuiz_reset_statistics
    wpProQuiz_import
    wpProQuiz_export
    wpProQuiz_change_settings
    wpProQuiz_toplist_edit

You can find them under the ‘Custom capabilities’ group. LD grants these capabilities automatically to the ‘administrator’ role only. Did you try to grant them to your custom role in order to resolve the permissions problem?

Of course role should can all capabilities required by at least the LD courses custom post type:
    delete_courses
    delete_others_courses
    delete_private_courses
    delete_published_courses
    edit_courses
    edit_others_courses
    edit_private_courses
    edit_published_courses
    publish_courses
    read_private_courses

Let me know if you need the additional help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.