Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Pro version – multisite – shop manager can’t delete product attributes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    abaco-engineering
    Participant

Hello,
    we have a multisite woocommerce installation, we have disabled some menu for shop manager without disable capabilities, now if the shop manager try to delete product attributes wordpress redirect him to the dashboard, also if he start insert the first product from woocommerce wizard he’s been redirect to the dashboard.
    here are our shop manager options:
    [removed…]

Vladimir
    Keymaster

It seems you may need to work on additional configuration. If you use “Block not selected” model then read carefully this part of the documentation article for “Admin menu blocking” add-on.

Another way – swap checkboxes selection and use “Block Selected” model.

abaco-engineering
    Participant

Hello Vladimir,
    we already use block selected model..

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

1) Does user have single role? (just to exclude restrictions set to 2nd role granted to this user).

2) If you will turn Off temporally “Administrator menu access module” checkbox at URE Settings page will redirection disappear?

abaco-engineering
    Participant

Hi,
    1) yes, all our users have a single role
    2) yes, if i turn Off temporally “Administrator menu access module” checkbox the redirection disappear

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Is it possible to look at this subsite with superadmin privileges? If Yes, send URL and admin and test users login/pwd to support [at-sign] role-editor.com

abaco-engineering
    Participant

Sure! i’m sending you the email

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for the provided access. I confirm a problem and can reproduce it at my test environment to make further investigations.
    The reason is that post editing ‘edit.php?…’ link is blocked via ‘Admin menu’, but WooCommerce uses the same link with another set of parameters for the product attributes deletion. Somehow URE Pro counts the ‘edit.php?post_type=product&page=product_attributes&delete=4&_wpnonce=…’ link as blocked and redirects user to the dashboard instead. I have to investigate the issue to decide if it’s possible to find the solution for this conflict.

Generally, ‘Admin menu’ is the secondary level permissions tool. 1st level is always capabilities. We should revoke all unneeded capabilities from the role 1st. I see that you fully blocked for shop_manager role via “Admin menu” the “Appearance”, “Users”, “Links” menus. If revoke “edit_theme_options”, ‘list_users’ and ‘manage_links’ capabilities from shop_manager role, then this menus will be blocked for the role by WordPress itself.

The same is correct for the ‘Pages’ menu. I revoked all ‘_pages’ capabilities from shop_manager role at the demo site and this menu was disappeared from the user access.

The same is true for all custom post types menus, currently protected by ‘edit_posts’ capability. If revoke, all ‘_posts’ capabilities from shop_manager role, then you will not need to block related menus via ‘Admin menu’. It resolves the issue, when shop manager can not delete product attributes also.

Possible problem with this workaround is the ‘edit_posts’, ‘edit_published_posts’, ‘edit_others_posts’, ‘delete_posts’ capabilities are required by default for editing Media Library items.

I will inform you about the result of my further investigations on the subject.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.