Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums New Feature Request Private topic option in forums, on this website is not working

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Infiniaire
    Participant

Hello Vladimir,
    The private discussion option that I had suggested earlier, and which you have put on this website, is not working :(.
    Also, if you could put the LOGOUT option from this website in a more clear place, it would be ideal. I noticed its under ACCOUNT, edit ….and than from the wordpress dashboard you can logout. I had been searching for the logout all over the site for 15 minutes :)) today.
    Just giving you a few tips to revamp and make your website user friendly, just as a thank you for all the great work your doing to keep all our websites safe and secure.
    Have a lovely day. 🙂

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I added a “Logout” link to the “Account” page.

Forums are managed by bbPress here. “Private” means that topic is not available for not logged-in users and, that is, for the search engines. Any logged-in user may read such topic of course.

I tested – site returns 404 error for the private topic if you did not login.

Infiniaire
    Participant

Hi,
    Your welcome.
    I am logged in to your website here, but I can’t see any topics within the Private topic forum and I can’t seem to post to it too… 🙁

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks again. The issue was confirmed and fixed.
    bbPress requires to add additional capabilities to the “Participant” role in order user with this role may see the private topics and replies.

Infiniaire
    Participant

Cool … I checked on it .. it works … Thank you so much. 🙂 …. Guess my message had got posted, but I couldn’t see than.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.