Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Primary Role getting removed when submitting Update Network

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jcolonna
    Participant

Hi, Running version 4.59.4, clean install of wordpress with multisite, no other plugins, with TwentyTwentyOne Theme. When in Network Admin, Users I click “capabilities” to get the Editor page. The users primary role is “administrator” ( those it is to same for any role ), I see all the disabled check boxes for that role. I checkbox a new cap to add, and click Upgrade Network, it clears all of my primary roles caps but saves the new cap I selected. And my primary roles is now not selected in the primary role pulldown. If I reselect the admin role and click update then it applies the admin role to my user, but not for all sites. I can consistently reproduce this issue.
    Help 🙂
    Thank you
    Jon

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Jon,

I reproduced the bug. Thanks for this report. I will work on the fix to include into the next update.

jcolonna
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,
    Thank you for the follow up. Do you have an ETA on the next release?
    Jon

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Jon,

I will publish the updated version this month.

jcolonna
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

I know you are working hard, and appreciate the great work on this plugin. I was just wondering if would you have an RC or Beta release available at this time. We are trying to deploy a new update for our site and this is our only road block right now.

Thank you in advance,
    Jon

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Jon,

Try the beta version 4.60.b1. It’s available after login from the same “Download” page.

jcolonna
    Participant

Vladimir, this is Fantastic!
    Thank you
    Jon

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.