Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Permissions non propagating?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tanner
    Participant

Please take a look at the screenshots here: https://imgur.com/a/OPxVrtP

The first one shows a user list to show that these two accounts have the “Admin” Role. dh– and Esther–
    The second image shows URE permission from my account’s perspective. It shows the Admin role in URE with limited URE permission.
    The second and third images show the two accounts from the first image with an “Admin” role looking at the “Admin” role permissions and it shows that the Admin Role has full URE capabilities.

It looks like the URE permissions are not propagating properly. I’ve checked whether or not these permission disappear from my account’s perspective so it’s not a matter of persistence.

Lastly, through the other tickets I had I lost track if we found an answer to this other bug. The last two images show an “Administrator” Role being able to see Webmaster view in the Users list even though Webmaster is blocked in Other Roles. If you go into the Webmaster role it’s a blank list.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Is it possible to look at your site online with ‘administrator’ privileges? If yes, send user login credentials to support [at-sign] role-editor.com
    If ‘no’, I will ask you to share site backup copy created with UpdraftPlus plugin via DropBox or similar service.
    I will can take more deep view on a possible problem and provide you better support.

tanner
    Participant

I’ll create a staging site and send it over sometime tomorrow.

tanner
    Participant

I cloned the site but unfortunately couldn’t reproduce the issue and the original copy is live and already a tainted because I was fiddling around with it.. when I come across this issue again I’ll message you.

tanner
    Participant

Oh but, the new role is still showing in the View filter in the users.php page even though it’s blocked. The new role’s users are not showing in the filter list but the filter itself still is.

In other words, the new Webmaster role is blocked from the Administrator role, but when I go to the Users page, the Webmaster filter is still there. When I click on Webmaster though, it shows no users. How can I remove the Webmaster filter altogether? It doesn’t show up in any other roles where I block it except when I log in with an Administrator.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I read your initial message in this topic again and paid attention that roles ID matches ‘admin’ is an exact part of ‘administrator’. It’s not a good idea to name roles this way.
    WordPress stores roles list granted to a user in the text field as a serialized PHP array – string.
    `WHERE meta_value like ‘%admin%’ SQL expression will return records as for the user with ‘admin’ role, as for the user with ‘administrator’ role. It may lead to the different issues.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I can not repeat this. ‘Other roles access’ add-on should not apply restrictions to administrator role at all. And it does at my test WordPress single site istallation.
    1) created ‘webmaster’ role as a full copy of ‘administrator’ role.
    2) marked ‘webmaster’ role as blocked for ‘administator’ role.
    3) revoked all URE capabilities from the ‘administrator’ role.
    4) created new user with ‘administrator’ role and new user with ‘webmaster’ role.
    5) logged in under a new user with ‘administrator’ role.
    6) this user sees user with ‘webmaster’ role as expected, – restrictions does not applied for ‘administrator’ role by design.

Give me an exact scenario to repeat the issue or send credentials for your stage copy to support email address.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.