Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    marpand
    Participant

I read the other recent posts that seemed relevant to this issue but after looking deeper, their issues don’t appear to be the same issue.

We have a user, Raymond, with the roles of “editor” and “specific page manager”. He can access all that he needs to, including adding images to the media folder. However, he is unable to access the photos when he is in the post. While in the media center, he can navigate through to the folder, but then the folders don’t expand or open to allow him to get to the images to add to the content.

We created a test user, sjwtest. This was so we could continue testing this issue and ensure it wasn’t user error. I setup the permissions and roles the same way that I set up the first users. However, there are a few things that I can not get to duplicate in the new user profile.

• There is a log out everywhere button that I do not see in the sjwtest profile.
    • The allow button keeps switching back to “look at roles” in the test profile. And the numbers that I assigned are disappearing in the test profile
    • This test user can do the things that the first user can’t, I assume because the pages and post categories didn’t stick.
    • I’ve tried this on Chrome and IE to ensure it wasn’t a browser issue.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Is there a chance to look at this issue on-line with admin privileges?
    If Yes, send login credentials directly to support [at-sign] role-editor.com

marpand
    Participant

No problem! Just emailed you, thanks.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks. I got access to your site.
    It seems that described issues with test user sjwtest were gone. Please confirm:
    – I see “Log Out Everythere else” button at his user profile;
    – I see “Posts/Pages/Custom Post Types Editor Restrictions” section configured to “Allow” to edit 4 pages and 4 posts categories.

As about access to the media folders for restricted user. When you apply edit restrictions to a user, such restrictions are applied to the Media Library also. Restricted user sees at the Media Library his own items (images) only. If there are know images uploaded by this user, he will see the empty Media Library.
    If you wish to allow to see full Media Library withou restrictions you can use custom filter ure_attachments_show_full_list. Let me know if that helped.

marpand
    Participant

Thank you Vladimir, that makes sense. I’ll update the user record I’m trying to fix. I’ll let you know if it doesn’t work.

marpand
    Participant

I don’t see that custom filter in the capabilities options. Is it possible this is called something different in the list?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

ure_attachments_show_full_list – is not a user capability. It’s a filter/hook supported by User Role Editor Pro which allows to change its default logic. We should use it as WordPress filter, that is add PHP routine which will return true or false as shown at the linked page.

marpand
    Participant

Hey Vladimir,

I tried adding that hook but it didn’t resolve the issue with the users not being able to add media/view media.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please clarify. Does user see existing images at Media Library after you added ure_attachments_show_full_list filter returning true?
    So what is a problem?
    1) User can not insert existing media into a post?
    or
    2) User can not upload a new image into Media Library?
    If the 2nd, let me know is the checkbox for “Force custom post types to use their own capabilities” option turned ON or OFF. I mean if it turned ON, then role or user should have capabilities from the ‘Attachments’ group, like ‘edit_attachments’, etc.

marpand
    Participant

Hey Vladimir,

The user cannot access the images in the gallery, the folder appear but are empty. So option 1 would be his issue.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Maria,

URE does not prevent access to the media library items for the test user with added custom filter. It works with the folders also when you open Media Library directly via menu “Media Library”. I see that “WP Media Folder” plugin does not open folders when you try to access them from the post editor page.
    URE should not prevent that. Some conflict between plugins takes place here.

You have at your site an older version 2.4.1 of WP Media Folder plugin.
    My test with a much later version 4.2.7 of WP Media Folder plugin from Joomunited shows that this conflict was gone. Restricted user has access to the images in any folder as from Media Library directly as via post editor page.
    If that’s suitable for you I would recommend to update your version of WP Media Folder plugin to the latest one.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I can not exclude though that some other plugin may be involved here too. It may have sense to try to deactivate temporally all plugins except WP Media Folder and URE Pro and re-test the issue. I did not make this myself to not break your site. May be you can setup a stage copy for further testing of this issue.

jsound
    Participant

Hi, I would like to try and add the filter ure_attachments_show_full_list to see if it will resolve my media issue. But I don’t know where to add this. Can you clarify where exactly and what file? I have the latest version of your URE product also the Media Folder plugin.

Thanks,
    Joe

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

You can add code for filter to the end of functions.php file of your active theme
    or setup it as a Must Use plugin.
    WordPress executes as a MU plugin any .php file located at wp-content/mu-plugins/ folder.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.