Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Permissions changed after moving website to different URL

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    socialbrothers
    Participant

Hi,

I have a problem with the User Role editor Pro plugin. After pushing our staging to live website, as an Admin, I am not able to do a couple of actions; I can’t see other admins in the user list, but more important, when I try to open User Role Editor Pro settings, I get a message which says” No permission to view this page”.
    How can I fix this? Maybe by editing my user role in the database? Because I have to change settings in the User Role Editor!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,
    1) default WordPress admin user has ID = 1.
    If your user after export/import has changed ID it would be a reason why you do not see other users with administrator role. It’s a default behavior for URE for users with ‘adminisrtrator’ role, which are not WordPress default one. It’s possible to switch off this logic via custom filter.

Compare this parts of your database at the stage and the live copies.

2) User Role Editor grants all ‘ure_%’ permissions automatically to the ‘administrator’ role on its activation. So try to deactivate and activate back User Role Editor.

socialbrothers
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Reactivating did the trick, thank you! Didn’t expect the fix to be so simple.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.