Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Not logged in users will not save to menu

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Southside
    Participant

Hi I asked recently about Nextend Accordion menu and User role editor. Now I have changed to Max Mega Menu but still have strange issues with menu access settings. In both a normal WP menu and Mega menu when I mark a menu item as “Show to: NOT logged in”, that item disappears from the menu (in the backen area) when I click save!! Sometimes it is still being visible in the frontend, sometimes not! It feels very much as some kind of bug…?
    Other user roles settings for menu items seems to work well.
    This never happened before when I used another plugin to hide/show according to your user roles. Or can I have some wrong settings for User role, I find it a bit hard to know what to turn on and off…?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Do you write about this “Max Mega Menu” plugin?
    Show a screenshots with menu and item, which can disappear if select “Show to: NOT logged in”. I will try to reproduce your menu for testing.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information provided by e-mail.

I confirm the bug you found. User Role Editor Pro “Front-end menu access” add-on removes one of the front-end menu items with the same title during menu saving. I will fix it with the next update.

Southside
    Participant

I am glad it was a bug and not me going crazy 😉
    So problem was not user settings or non-logged-in, but the fact I had two menu items with the same name/title (but different slug). Looking forward to the update!

Thank you for taking the time to solve the problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.