Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Not logged-in only in menu is not working correctly

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    atyur01
    Participant

I set a menu entry as Not logged-in only
    but when i am logged in, i still see the menu entry
    Can I have a quick fix ?

atyur01
    Participant

I am using https://wordpress.org/plugins/baw-login-logout-menu/ to create menu entries

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I repeated this issue. Thanks.
    I will search a reason and contact you with solution, possibly tomorrow.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

UPS! Sorry, I have tested with ‘administrator’ incorrectly, I forgot that this add-on does not work for the users with ‘administrator’ role. It works as expected for other roles – ‘Log In’ is unavailable for logged-in users at my test site.

Try to deactivate all plugins except these 2. Will it change something? What if you try 2017 theme?

atyur01
    Participant

If I use https://wordpress.org/plugins/nav-menu-roles/ plugin with normal user role editor not pro, everything works fine.
    Is there a way to turn off role-editor`s menu handling so that I don’t get conflict nav-menu-roles plugin ?

I am using Divi theme and divi builder

Vladimir
    Keymaster

In order to turn off URE’s front-end menu access add-on go to the “Settings -> User Role Editor -> Additional Modules” tab and turn off “Activate Front End Menu Access module” checkbox.

atyur01
    Participant

Ok thankx.
    1- But is this correct that such menu will only appear for admin role .. not others.
    2- Should I wait for fix ?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Yes, these restrictions are not applied for users who can edit them – additional menu item options are available only for administrator or user with ‘ure_front_end_menu_access’ capability. So ‘administrator’ and user with ‘ure_front_end_menu_access’ capability only should always see all menu items in spite of conditions applied to them.

Please let me know that it’s right for your installation. If ‘Yes’, then do you think that it will be more convenient for administrators to see the restricted (for logged-in / for logged-out users, etc.) menu under their own accounts too? I may add this as an option to change a default behavior.

atyur01
    Participant

Just to avoid confusion, when

I said I set a menu entry as Not logged-in only, I still see it

It means when I am visitng site, I see the login menu. However since I am administrator, I should be able to see all menu when I am in menu editing mode/page.

I think this should be default behavior.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I think that a better way to test how user sees menu is to visit site not under admin user. Currently ‘front-end menu access’ add-on does not fire for front-end menu view when admin user visit a site. So when you visit site front-end as admin user, URE does not hide from you any menu items which should be hidden according your settings.

Do you think this logic is incorrect, inconvenient?

And, Yes, admin user always sees full menu at the menu editing page at admin back-end.

atyur01
    Participant

Sorry for late reply.

I think when visiting site, menu should behave as it is expected as per permissions.
    This is how i got confused for the first time.

I think better way would be menu should always follow “show to:” permissions (admin or not)

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for the confirmation. I think the same way now. I will include this change into a next update.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.