Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ Not all Add Menu Items options under Menus appearing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    edering
    Participant

Hi. I created a Role with a lot of access, but not all access. I can’t figure out what not all of the items Administrators have access to when in Appearance > Menus are showing for my new role. If you look at what Admins see under “add menu items”, they have many choices including “Custom Templates,” “Events,” “Venues,” and more. This is what Admins see: https://www.screencast.com/t/zoxwAwl31O But when logged in as my new Role, this is what they can use to add to a Menu: https://www.screencast.com/t/RG4hdInByWRV My immediate need is “Events” (from Event Calendar Pro). FYI, this role has access to all Custom capabilities (which includes Events) as seen here: https://www.screencast.com/t/tqKI1b2Rx What would cause this?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

My test showed that the list of groups (post types) at the “Add menu items” section does not depend from the ability of user to edit those items. My test user does not have capabilities to edit Woocommerce products but he see “Products” group at the mentioned section.

I may just suppose that another plugin may be involved. Did you try to deactivate all plugins and re-test? If that will change a picture, activating plugins back one by one you can isolate a reason.

edering
    Participant

Hi. You reference WooCommerce. We are not using WooCommerce. The main issue is Modern Tribe’s Event Calendar Pro.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

I don’t have access to the Modern Tribe’s Event Calendar Pro for testing. I referenced WooCommerce “Products” as it’s a similar custom post type, which I took for a quick testing.
    You may share MTEC Pro plugin .zip with support [at-sign] role-editor.com via Google Drive or DropBox. I will repeat the test with MTEC instead of WooCommerce then.

edering
    Participant

Hi Vladimir. The host provides the Event Calendar Pro so I don’t have access to get you a download. What I did was clone our Production site to Staging (via Kinsta) and gave your support address access as an Admin (username is userroleeditor). You should get the password reset email. My suggestion is you then create another user with the Role of “IU13 Admin”. That is role that cannot add Events to Appearance > Menus. Feel free to email direct if that is better. And thanks.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Erik,

Interesting thing I discovered. When I logged in under provided test user with the same admin privileges I see the limited list of options under “Appearance->Add menu”, exactly as you showed for the limited role.
    It seems the list of options does not depend from user permissions as users with the same ‘administrator’ role sees the different list of options (post types).

I will make some tests with Events Calendar Pro at my own test site.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Erik,

I found the reason :). Login under the test user, go to “Appearance->Menus” and click on the “Screen Options” at the top right corner. Turn ON checkboxes which you wish to see at the page. Menu items realized as meta boxes, which you can hide/show and some of theme are hidden by default.

edering
    Participant

Wow, I never knew that. Thanks. I wonder why full Admins don’t need to do that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.