Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports None administrator users unable to access media library

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Biranit Goren
    Participant

Hi,

I purchased User Role Editor Pro because I need to allow certain users edit permissions based on taxonomy.

However, once I add a taxonomy ID to a user, that user cannot access the media library at all.

The error logged is:

[15-Feb-2016 13:10:01 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method URE_Posts_Edit_Access::get_attachments_list() in /home/rgb/public_html/beta.jewishboston.com/wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor-pro/includes/pro/classes/posts-edit-access.php on line 171

Everything else seems to work OK/as expected.

Can you please help me with this? It’s somewhat critical.

(On a related note: is there a way to give all users – contributors and up – full access to the entire media library?)

Many thanks,

Bira

Biranit Goren
    Participant

Update:

By adding the following code to functions.php, I am now able to allow users access to the media library:

function rgb_show_attachments_full_list($show_full_list) {
        return true;
    }
    add_filter('ure_attachments_show_full_list', 'rgb_show_attachments_full_list', 10, 1);

However, users cannot USE images from the media library in their posts — they are only limited to seeing the images.

Can you help please?

Thanks,

Bira

Biranit Goren
    Participant

OK, I believe I managed to resolve this.

Please close this thread 🙂

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Bira,

Thanks for letting me know that a problem was resolved.

Especially thank you for the bug report (user-role-editor-pro/includes/pro/classes/posts-edit-access.php on line 171). I really used a wrong class name there. I will fix it with a next update.

cdurnan
    Participant

I posted previously about this issue in the WordPress Plugin directory and your post below was the following (pasted below) I am not sure I understand where to fix line 171 can you please give me more direction? Thank you.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/media-library-49

replace line 171 with this one:
    $attachments_list = $this->user->get_attachments_list();
    It’s better to use the dedicated support forum for the Pro version.

cdurnan
    Participant

fixed it. thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.