Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Give user access to plugin – how to Need both Admins and Editors to have access to "unfiltered_html" capabilities…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lastwordonsports
    Participant

Right now, only Admins have this ability. Since we’re running a MS instance (17 sites, 300+ active writers), each site has its own Admin and Editor team.

Long story short, I need anyone with “Editor” rights to be able to use “unfiltered_html”, just as an Admin can.

Documentation on this capability is not clear.

Kindly advise.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Go to the “Network Admin->Settings->User Role Editor”, select “Multisite” tab and turn ON the ‘Enable “unfiltered_html” capability’ option. It should help.

WordPress multisite blocks this capability by default for all users except superadmin. This makes your site potentially vulnerable. So editors should be a trusted persons.

lastwordonsports
    Participant

I apologize for not specifying that I had already done that, earlier. To no avail. And our editors are definitely trusted. I’ve done everything correctly, per the few instructions I have been able to find.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Tested: It works at my development environment.

With active ‘Enable “unfiltered_html” capability’ option in mind open “Users->User Role Editor”, select “Editor” role and select “Deprecated” group of capabilities and check if “unfiltered_html” capability is really included into the “editor” role.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.