Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports >> Multisite Network administrator

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Laurent_C
    Participant

Hello,
    I got a Multisite Network but administrator vanished
    The no administrator role, just SUPERADMIN.
    How can I do to restore administrator without crash my site or loose feature ?

Thank you

administrator, multisite, subdomain

Vladimir
    Keymaster

These articles explain how WordPress stores user roles:
    Single site
    Multisite

Grant all existing capabilities to ‘administrator’ role after you will restore it.

Laurent_C
    Participant

Hello Vladimir,
    I hope you’re not touch by COVID-19.
    I got administrator role in wp_options. I find it as you explain in your examples.
    When I go to “root-site/users/capabilities” I can’t add “administrator role :
    Root site > because there’s no role with this name.
    Sub-site > no role available

In USE properties/general tab, I pub show administrator role visible, but the role’s missing.
    I dont understand this killing issue

Thank you Vladilir for your help

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Laurent,

If it’s possible to look at your site with superadmin privileges, send URL and user/pwd credentials to support [at-sign] role-editor.com

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for the information.
    URE is not network activated at your WP multisite. Thus you have to work with URE settings separately for every site where you activated URE.
    I went to the main site “Settings->User Role Editor->General” tab and found that “Show Administrator role at User Role Editor” checkbox is turn OFF as it is by default. URE hides ‘administrator’ role from the user in this case. I turned this checkbox ON and ‘administrator’ role is available for selection now at the main site. If you need the same at the subsite you have to make the same at the URE settings.

Other way – network activate URE and make needed settings once at the Network Admin->Settings->User Role Editor.

Laurent_C
    Participant

Hi Vladimir
    Thanks for your reply. I mess multisite activation.
    I still got the ploblem on another website, I send you via support at … login and pass

As you can see , I put URE on multisite activation, but « administrator role is unavailable, and I can’t apply it.
    – I created a new role Admin1 but can’t add it to user, same problem can’t modifiy or delete it
    – Im afraid to restore level by db because I don’t managed it well (…)
    How can I solve this please ?

Thank you

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.