Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ Multisite Global Media Library Plugin… Administrator only able to view

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jeynon
    Participant

Hi there. I have been kicking this around for awhile and I think I am stumped. I am using the Multisite Global Media Library plugin (https://github.com/bueltge/multisite-global-media) and it works great except for one issue. When I log in as the Administrator I can see the Global Library but when I log in as an Editor I cannot see the library. I have tried to create new user type all together and give them all properties but they still can’t view it.
    What should I be looking for when it comes to looking across multisites to view the library?
    Thanks!
    Jon

jeynon
    Participant

I should not that I know if I add the Editor role on the Media Library site side it works. I am wondering if I can make a permission that is universal to an Editor that allows them to see across sub sites!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Jon,

Global search through the GML plugin source code showed that it does not check any WordPress permissions at all. It did not call neither current_users_can() nor has_cap().

I don’t have the special recommendation in this case.

But as GML plugin uses/modifies AJAX requests for Media Library attachments which WordPress itself does, user should can at least ‘upload_files’ and ‘edit_post’ for the attachment itself and often for the post to which this image is attached. These permissions are checked by WordPress before work with Media Library items very often.
    Thus user should can edit and delete published posts/pages and others posts/pages, etc.
    So as you discovered to be at least an editor at the Media Library site.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.