Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ Limit user's editing rights to other specific cobtributors only

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    APS
    Participant

Hello,

Is it possible with URE pro to limit a user’s editing rights to specific contributors?

On my school site, students have “contributor” status, and teachers are “editors”. There are several students and several teachers. I want to limit teachers to their students only.

I can see how to limit teachers to the specific posts of their students, by adding the post’s ID to their permissions, but if students are submitting a lot of posts all the time, it’s difficult to keep track and add the new post IDs when they are created. It would be much easier if the teacher (editor) could be authorised to edit each new post of “their” contributor as it is created, without the administrator needing to add its ID to their permissions.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

MP

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, it’s possible. Input ‘Authors user ID’ list for the teacher instead of posts ID list. Use “with author user ID (comma separated)” field for that.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.