Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ Including Tablepress in a Role

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    edering
    Participant

I can’t get Tablepress to show for a Role (my SDoL Admin role). I have all 5 capabilities for Tablepress Table selected. What’s weird is when I go to the Admin Menu, Tablepress does not even show as something I can show/block. How do I let the Role have access to all of Tablepress?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

“Admin menu” shows menu items available to the selected role according to permissions granted to this role. When you need to look what permission/capability is required for some menu item, open “Admin menu” for “administrator” role, which has all existing capability by default.

Table press is protected by these user capabilities:
    URE admin menu for TablePress

edering
    Participant

thanks!

edering
    Participant

Vladamir, I have something similar going on for the GTranslate plugin – https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/gtranslate/. I don’t see it in Admin Menu, and when I go to Administrator and look at Admin Menu, it shows “administrator.” https://www.screencast.com/t/s87umrEtcrHG How do I add access to that for a Role created in URE (one that is not the full-rights admin)?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, GTranslate developer uses ‘administrator’ role to protect its menu item under ‘Settings’ menu. Look at the gtranslate.php file, line #231:

add_options_page(__('GTranslate Options', 'gtranslate'), 'GTranslate', 'administrator', 'gtranslate_options', array('GTranslate', 'options'));

The only way to make possible to add access to this menu item for other roles except ‘administrator’ is to replace ‘administrator’ at this line with ‘manage_options’, or any other user capability suitable for your purpose.

edering
    Participant

Hi Vladimir. Based o your response to my reply 23/10/2019, is there a way to do this in our functions file so we don’t edit their plugin? And, if so, can we have it set to the current setting of ‘administrator’ AND a second Role (‘sdol-admin’)? I don’t want to set it to Manage Options because we have several Roles that have access to that, and I would need to Block that in Admin Menu for them all.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s possible. Code below redefines gTranslate menu with ‘manage_options’ capability:

add_action('plugins_loaded', 'redefine_gtranslate_menu');

function redefine_gtranslate_menu() {

remove_action('admin_menu', array('GTranslate', 'admin_menu'), 10 );
        add_action('admin_menu', 'replace_gtranslate_menu' );

}

function replace_gtranslate_menu() {

add_options_page(__('GTranslate Options', 'gtranslate'), 'GTranslate', 'manage_options', 'gtranslate_options', array('GTranslate', 'options') );

}

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.