Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ I want to create a news outlet access

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    LoneWolf95665
    Participant

How would I allow some users, vetted professionals, permissions to have “their own” news section.

Of course, I would do the vetting but I need some ideas on how to go about allowing them permissions.

For example, I would like to allow some colleges and universities science departments that permission to write on https://EverythingAgricultural.com. (this is a multisite and thus I can create for example; “news.everythingagricultural.com” or even create a site for each user/professional.

I do not know how to control who can be a new publisher and who cannot.

Then, I would also like to allow users who read new articles the ability to comment on the news authors news articles.

Thank you and forgive me if I am not suppose to provide the site url

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I suppose that you as superadmin don’t allow users to register new subsites at the multisite network, it’s only your privilege. Thus only you decide what user to what site and with which role to add.
    So you register user and add him to the “news.everythingagricultural.com” with required role. May be WordPress built-in roles will be enough: author to pulish new articles, editor – to moderate what author do. While user will can login to everythingagricultural.com (WP has the single users list for the whole multisite network) but he will can post only to the site to which you added him and where he has enough permissions (author or editor) – to “news.everythingagricultural.com”.

Any visitor can comment. Only one who can edit article can moderate the comments sent to it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.