Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ How to replicate existing user to all sites of the network?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    rachaelwatkinson
    Spectator

It’s listed as one of the pro features, which I have installed and network activated, but I can’t work out how to do this….

Vladimir
    Keymaster

– Go to “Network Admin->Users”.
    – Select user, click ‘Capabilities’ under his row.
    – Click ‘Network Update’.

Pay attention that role and capabilities (assigned to the user) are shown here for the main site. So before replicate user to the full network assign him needed permissions for the main site.

rachaelwatkinson
    Spectator

ok. So there is no way to replicate all users in a bulk update? I’ve got over 400 users I need to replicate. Do you know of any plugins that do this?
    Thank you 🙂

websol
    Participant

i’ve too a lot of users and need the bulk action to replicate all Roles & Caps to all Networksites…

And it would be nice to get a setting to do that replication every time when any roles or cap is changed or a user has a new cap or role…

by the way – really nice plugin vladimir

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback and feature request.

It’s possible to replicate all roles at once to all sites. ‘Network Update’ button at ‘User Role Editor’ page serves for it. But bulk replication of users with meta data about roles assigned to them is not realized. I will add such functionality, with time…

negociosparacasa
    Participant

Multi-site: Roles and users management for all sites at Network Admin from one point: edit, replicate roles to all subsites, assign roles and capabilities to the users, replicate existing user together with his permissions to all sites of the network.
    Is there a tutorial to do all this?
    Thank

Vladimir
    Keymaster

To @negociosparacasa:

Hi,

This page contains a short descriptions for the multisite network operations available with User Role Editor Pro.

negociosparacasa
    Participant

Thanks Vladimir, is there the possibility to leave this option permanently?
    For example, I have a main site that through woocommerce changes the role of the user when buying a product, is there any way to automate that this user automatically changes roles for the entire network after buying the product?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Currently via a piece of custom code only. I will write one, and publish it here little later (2-3) days.

negociosparacasa
    Participant

I am Impatient and wanting to see and try that code to solve my problem. Thank you.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Sorry for a delay. I will try to work on this task this weekend.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Try to install this code at the stage copy of your site as a Must Use plugin.

It fires the same code as URE Pro does on user “Update Network” button and replicates current user and its permissions from the main site to all other sites of the network on the ‘woocommerce_checkout_update_user_meta’ action, that is when a user makes successful checkout for his purchase.

Let me know, how it works at your side. Again, try it at the test copy, do not use it at production site until you are sure that it works as expected.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.