Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ How to make universal changes on WP Multisite

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    John Cressman
    Participant

I need to be able to add additional functionality to the EDITOR role for all sites. I don’t want to give users Admin access, but I need them to be able to access certain things – like the menu – for their particular site, so I want to add that ability to the EDITOR role for ALL sites in the multisite installation.

Is there a way to easily do that or so I have to edit every site?

Thank you.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

If you need to replicate the only 1 role to all subsites you may go to the main site of your network and open User Role Editor there. Select role – ‘editor’ in your case, turn on needed capabilities, turn on ‘Apply to All Sites’ checkbox at the top:
    https://storage.googleapis.com/role-editor/downloads/support/ure-apply-to-all-sites.png
    Then click ‘Update’.

‘Network Update’ button in the User Role Editor at the ‘Network Admin’ center fully overwrites all roles at all sites by the roles from the main site.

John Cressman
    Participant

Thank you.

Is there a way to make the menu options available to a role, but not the rest of the appearance tab?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Yes, use ‘Admin menu access’ add-on for this purpose:
    https://www.role-editor.com/block-admin-menu-items

blaci
    Participant

How can I update admin menu access roles to all site?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

It’s not possible currently to replicate admin menu access data your set for roles to the all sites. I consider to add such feature to the one of the future versions.

blaci
    Participant

Thanks!
    I realy need it 🙂 It would be very important to me!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.