Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    westoverhills
    Participant

Is there a way to control the admin menu left side menu items that are add by a plugin? We have several things that I only want certain people to have access to. To do it in the same way that we restrict pages or posts.

Thanks for the help. Need this as soon as possible.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

The easiest way to achieve that – use “Admin Menu Editor” (http://wordpress.org/plugins/admin-menu-editor) plugin in conjunction with “User Role Editor”.

planetpranav
    Spectator

Hi,

i just bought the plugin today…

I basically want the following case:

1. full admin -> developer like me, the usual WP admin, who can see and do everything
    2. admin with access to custom menus

how do i create something like that?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Admin menu blocking module may help with 2nd case:
    https://www.role-editor.com/block-wordpress-admin-menu-items/

planetpranav
    Spectator

thanks for replying!

yes, that’s what i was hoping – however, i need to do this for a select few admins and not for any new roles i define. this works only for roles and not the “admin”

So, i want to create a new role called admin2, and it shud have the same power as admin (i dont knw how to achieve that as all the new roles i create do not function like admins even if i give them all the access) and then block that category from accessing things via admin menu blocking.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Administrator role copy should work in the most of cases, except some plugins, which requires directly the ‘administrator’ role. If you have a problem, let’s try to research the reason together and find the solution.

planetpranav
    Spectator

Thanks Vladimir.

I think this plugin directly requires the admin role. Its a premium plugin called the Booking Wizz.

csc.sailboats.co.in is the site.

Please use gmail/fb to connect and then i will make u admin from the subscriber role and you can tk a peek yourself.

Thanks a ton for offering to help!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Done – shinephp [at-sign] gmail.com

planetpranav
    Spectator

done, made you admin. thanks!

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Yes, I see. ‘Booking Wis’ plugin requires the “Administrator” role for access to all its menu items. It is the real problem.

Quick workaround: modify ‘Booking Wis’ source code. I may do it for you in case you send me this plugin installation package (support [at-sign] role-editor.com

I will try to add the feature to replace menu capability which was set by plugin in order to resolve the similar issues. It may require a few days…
    It could not help in case plugin author checks user rights not in the menu definitions only, but at his source code directly, like:

if (!current_user_can('administrator') {
        echo 'Not sufficient permissions!';
        die;
    }

planetpranav
    Spectator

wow. Thanks a ton Vladimir for offering to help here.

Since, this entails work on your part, i will hassle you only if we are going ahead and using the booking wiz plugin.

At the moment, that plugin has a lot of things we want but also missing a few 🙁

On an off topic note if you have suggestions for a booking solution for boat rentals, please do share your thoughts. No stress.

Once again, thanks a bunch for helping out and I will keep you posted on how this goes.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Thanks for the information.
    No, I can not advise you a suitable booking solution.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.