Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ How do I limit access to a WooCommerce store item?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lewisS
    Participant

I’m trying to limit access to certain WooCommerce store items through this plugin’s Content View Restrictions. I’ve activated the Content View panel through the settings page, then set the item I want to protect to the following settings:

Content View Restriction settings

(In case this is too small, “View Access” is set to Allow View, “For Users” is set to Selected User Roles and the roles selected are administrator, contributor, editor, shop_manager, subscriber.)

…but when I click update, I’m able to access the store item anyway using incognito mode (i.e., not logged in.) What am I doing wrong?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

“Show access error message” option does not exclude post or product from the listings, it just hides its description. So when not authorized visitor opens such post he sees its title but sees access error message instead of post content – instead of product full description in case of a WooCommerce product.

In order to fully hide product/exclude it from all listings you have to select one of “Return HTTP 404 error” or “Redirect to URL” options.

lewisS
    Participant

Perfect. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.