Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Restrict or Permit access inside WordPress – how to How can only modify the course of his reference and not all those he is already?

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stefano-Todaro
    Participant

Hi there,

I managed after many attempts to create with User Role Editor a profile to allow my Authors external to my organization to modify all of the LMS Learndash Courses, creating:
    – a Role with Learndash editing capabilities,
    – by matching the user to the created Role,
    – a Group associated with the user and the course to be modified,
    – by registering the user to the course to be modified.

When I log in with that user I finally manage to enter the black WP backend bar of WP and edit everything in Learndash!

Only problem: the user obviously accesses all the courses he is already enrolled in, being able to modify them all and not just the one I have included in the Group !!!!

How can I create an account for a User who can only modify the course of his reference and not all those he is already enrolled in?

Do you have any useful advice?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

URE does not know about Learndash groups.
    Learndash courses is the custom post type. URE’s edit restrictions add-on allows to limit user by editing only his data. You can use this option in case you change course’s author to the selected user.
    Other option is to limit edit access inserting post (course) ID list to his user profile.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.