Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums New Feature Request How can i hide woocommerce orders based on role?

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    liftedmade
    Participant

Im trying to only display orders that belong to a sales_agent (role), on the admin orders list page.

I posted a question on Stackoverflow about it: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/69323214/i-want-to-only-display-orders-that-belong-to-a-certain-role-in-user-role-editor

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Answering on your question at Stackoverflow:

WooCommerce order is a custom post type ‘shop_order’. Its main record is stored at wp_posts database table (‘wp_’ is db prefix). This record does not store the information about user role. It has field ‘post_author’, which contains user ID, under which this order was created. In order to find a role you need to load user by ID using get_user_by(), and check role(s) of that user.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

You may try to use URE Pro edit access add-on for this purpose. It allows to show posts(orders) by the list of author (comma separated user IDs). URE applies custom filter “ure_post_edit_access_authors_list“. Just extract the list of users who has role sales_agent, and return through this filter this list if current user has this role too.

liftedmade
    Participant

Could you provide a code example of getting orders by a specific user role in URE?
    I may want to add additional logic later.

I can’t seem to get this to work

liftedmade
    Participant

edit access wont work for us because we have 100s of orders and tens of sales agents, we would have to manually update everything.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

I successfully tested custom code for your scenario with URE Pro edit restrictions add-on activated together:
    1) Activate edit restrictions add-on.
    2) Install code below as a Must Use plugin or add it to the active theme functions.php file:

add_filter('ure_post_edit_access_authors_list', 'ure_modify_authors_list', 10, 1);

function get_orders_manager_users() {
        global $wpdb;

$role = 'sales_agent';
        $where = $wpdb->prepare( 'meta_value LIKE %s', '%'. $wpdb->esc_like( '"' . $role . '"' ) .'%' );
        $query = "SELECT user_id FROM {$wpdb->usermeta} WHERE $where";
        $result = $wpdb->get_results( $query ); 
        if ( empty( $result ) ) {
            return '';
        }

$users_list = array();
        foreach( $result as $user ) {
            $users_list[] = $user->user_id;
        }    

return $users_list;
    }

function ure_modify_authors_list( $authors ) {

$user = wp_get_current_user();
        if ( !in_array( 'sales_agent', $user->roles ) ) {
            return $authors;
        }

$users_list = get_orders_manager_users();
        $authors1 = implode(',', $users_list );
        if ( !empty( $authors ) ) {
            $authors .= ','. $authors;
        } else {
            $authors = $authors1;
        }    

return $authors;
    }

As a result any user with sales_agent role will be restricted in orders editing by authors list equal the list of users with the sales_agent role.

webiators
    Participant

You can show orders that belong to a sales_agent (role) on the admin orders list page.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.