Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ Grant restricted users access to update other restricted users media uploads

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rebecca
    Participant

Hello,

I have several restricted users who work on the same pages in my site. these users regularly add documents through the media library. However, when one of these users tries to edit or update documents that are uploaded by another of these users (they have permissions for the same pages), they are not allowed. How can I grant them access to edit each other’s documents in the media librar?

Thanks

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Does such user see an item uploaded by other user in Media Library but just do not have ‘edit’ link? Does such user have ‘edit_others_posts’ capability?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the additional details provided by email. It helped to found a reason.
    URE restricts editing of all post types, by default, including ‘attachment’ type. So if you allowed to user to edit pages with ID 2, 3, only this ID will be available for editing. But media library items attached to these pages are not edit to the list of allowed for editing IDs automatically. I will add this feature with the next update – in September, 2017.

Currently you can exclude ‘attachment’ post type from ‘editing restrictions’ as a workaround: https://www.role-editor.com/documentation/hooks/ure_restrict_edit_post_type/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.