Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Give user access to plugin – how to Giving user access to edit “Podcast” in the Kentha Theme

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    darranbruce
    Participant

Hello,

I am looking to give Contributors the ability to only edit “Podcast” in a theme called Kentha that I am using. I have purchased the Pro version of URE and have validated the key.

I thought there was a way to “turn on” “Podcasts” so it would show up in the menu when the Contributor user logs in.

Can you please direct me where to set this up?

darranbruce
    Participant

Actually I found out that I had the make the user an Editor to get the “Podcast” to show up.

Once I figured that out I made a duplicate of the Editor account, renamed it, and made the changes to that.

Do you know how to make it so that they can only publish for moderation and not make changes go live if it is an “Editor” role?

This is a wonderful product btw. 🙂

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Generally to grant access to the custom post type, like ‘Podcasts’:
    Go to the “Users->User Role Editor” page and look at the “Custom post types->Podcasts” group. If it contains unique user capabilities, like edit_podcasts, then grant needed of them to the contributor role, similar to the ‘Posts’.
    If it contains the same ‘edit_posts’, etc., read this article:

Manage access to the custom post types?

In order to convert editor role back to the contributor you have to revoke from it edit_published_% (like ‘edit_published_posts’) and publish_% (like publish_posts) capabilities.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.