Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Give user access to plugin – how to Giving Access for Participants Database Plugin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PegWeb
    Participant

I have a plugin called Participants Database I use on some sites. I want to be able to give certain users access to this plugin on the admin menu but when I look under the Admin Menu module in my User Role Editor I don;t even see this plugin as an option. How can I add this?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

This plugin adds its own menu with empty capability (3rd parameter):

// define the plugin admin menu pages
        add_menu_page(
                self::$plugin_title,
                self::$plugin_title, 
                '', 
                self::PLUGIN_NAME, array(__CLASS__, 'include_admin_file')
        );

This is the reason why Admin menu add-on does not show “Participants Database” menu item. I will try to fix this compatibility issue.

Alternative way to manage access to the “Participants Database” plugin is to use its own drop-down menus to select roles for 2 levels of access to it: admin and records editing.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

This plugin has its own fluid system of required user capability definition.
    With Admin role selected at Plugin access level it is enough to have ‘manage_options’ capability to get full access to this plugin.
    With Editor selected at ‘Record Edit Access Level’ drop-down menu it is enough ‘edit_others_posts’ to get access to the list/add participants menus (screenshot attached).
    For ‘Contributor’ selected it will be ‘edit_posts’.

Version 4.18.b2 updated this way:
    Admin menu items with empty user capability are available in “Admin menu access” add-on now. “Participants Database” plugin defines its menu this way.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.