Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Restrict or Permit access inside WordPress – how to Give user access to some CPT, a particular page + ACF Options

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    acolytecomm
    Participant

I have a user that should be able to create/edit/delete all posts from two specific CPT, and have access to a specific private page (doesn’t need to be editable, just to view the actual page). Is this possible with User Role Editor Pro?

Also, I’m having trouble figuring out how to give permission on ACF option pages. I added an option page (using acf_add_options_sub_page) under my CPT menu, but they are not showing for a user with the CPT capabilities. I tried making an option page menu using acf_add_options_page with the edit_mycpt capability, and putting the options subpages in that menu, now the user sees the menu but the option page is still denied.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

“Advanced Custom Fields” plugin protects its “Custom Fields” menu and all submenu items with ‘manage_options’ capability. It’s possible though to grant this critical capability to a non-admin role, but block unneeded access using “Admin menu access” add-on.

As about access to the custom post types, it depends from how this CPT was defined. Read this article for more information.

‘read_private_pages’ should allow to view any private page. User just should know the URL.
    It’s possible to further manage view access via “Content view restrictions” add-on.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.