Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mugur
    Participant

Hi, I want to give access to a user few plugins, I have spent 2 days of trying to setup User Role Editor without success. Please give me a hint how to do it. I couldn’t find tutorials how to do it. I think one of the plugin is hard coded (FB Photo Fetcher) for administrator rights.
    I need to give access to posts, pages, and 4 plugins: Facebook Photo Fetcher, Lenix Elementor Leads addon, Testimonial Basics, Facebook Reviews Widget.
    Would help me a lot, to give me some instructions or if I can give you access to do it as I need asap.
    Thank you

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

I just returned from a 2 weeks vacation.

Send direct download links for the plugins listed above. I will check what permissions they require.

mugur
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

I hope you enjoyed your vacation.
    Please check the link below of the plugin I was talking about.

Facebook Photo Fetcher

Thanks

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Correct, FB Photo Fetcher plugin protects its menu item under the “Settings” menu with ‘administrator’ role hardcoded:
    _admin_menu.php:10:

add_options_page("$fpf_name Options", 'FB Photo Fetcher' . (defined('FPF_ADDON')?"+":""), 'administrator', "fb-photo-fetcher", 'fpf_admin_page');

mugur
    Participant

Ok, we found a workaround for this.
    Changing ‘administrator’ in ‘manage_options’ then it works ok.

add_options_page("$fpf_name Options", 'FB Photo Fetcher' . (defined('FPF_ADDON')?"+":""), 'manage_options', "fb-photo-fetcher", 'fpf_admin_page');

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.