Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ Export user names and emails list?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Southside
    Participant

Hi, we use User Role Pro (and are very pleased with it!). We have 400 users and I would like to export a list with all user names and emails to check them easily, preferrably I want to open that list in Excell. Can I export such a list with User role?

I can see an “Export” button in the admin. When I click I get a .dat-file? What is that and how can I open and read it? When opened in Notepad it is just one line of characters (file is 8 k). That can not be the user list?

If this can not be done thru User role, can you recommend a plugin that does this (read about some plugin that created a whole lot of mess that I realy donĀ“t want).

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi,

User Role Editor exports just a user roles with capabilities. It’s a serialized PHP array additionally encoded.

You can use PhpMyAdmin to export needed data. Use this command at SQL tab:

SELECT user_login, user_email FROM wp_users

replace ‘wp_’ with your own database prefix, if needed.
    Then click ‘Export’. Select an option “CSV for MS Excel” and that’s it. You will get a file with data formatted this way:

"user1";"[email protected]"
    "user2";"[email protected]"

Southside
    Participant

Thank you! We will try that.

Sorry I forgot, is it possible to also get the date when the user was registrered?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Yes, it’s possible:

SELECT user_login, user_email, user_registered FROM wp_users

Southside
    Participant

Worked perfect! Thank you.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Query sample with first and last name for every user:

SELECT users.user_login, users.user_email, users.user_registered, meta1.meta_value as first_name, meta2.meta_value as last_name 
    	FROM wp_users users
    	INNER JOIN wp_usermeta as meta1 on meta1.user_id=users.ID and meta1.meta_key='first_name'
            INNER JOIN wp_usermeta as meta2 on meta2.user_id=users.ID and meta2.meta_key='last_name'

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.