Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums Bug Reports Error 500 when using Post Edit Access

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ArieHeij
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

Today I noticed that when a user rol has Post Edit Access enabled and there is a post id filled in this results in a error 500 when clicking on menu item pages.
    The strange thing is when in go to directly to the page by filling in the whole link: https://gkvmiddelharnis.nl/wp-admin/post.php?post=2859&action=edit then I see the page and when I click on the menu item Pages again i see the overview page with page 2859 in the list which is correct, but when I click on pages again I get the 500 error again. So the user has sufficiënt right it would seem but there is something broken i cannot get my head around it.

The rights for this user are:
    Edit others pages
    Edit pages
    Edit private pages
    Edit published pages
    Publish pages
    Read private pages
    Read
    Read private pages

Post edit acces:
    What to do is allow
    with post ID (comma separated): 2859

Can you help me? Thanks.
    Kind Regards,

Arie

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Arie,

Right, it’s not the permissions issue. You will see ‘Not enough permissions’ or similar error message in that case. HTTP 500 error code is a server side error. The most probable reason is a script execution timeout or ‘not enough memory’ issue. It will be good if you can look at the server system logs for the related error message.

Do you have a huge quantity of posts at your site?

ArieHeij
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

No I do not have a lot of posts. (34 pages) I see in the server log this:
    PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /www/wp-includes/meta.php on line 461

When I remove the post id at the Post edit Access menu I am not getting these errors and also nothing is in the log then.
    Thanks.

ArieHeij
    Participant

An other thing I noticed is that when I’m logged on as this user and before I go to pages I click on media, the pages overview page is loading fine. When I click multiple times on pages then I get the error 500 again. When I then click on media again and then pages again it loads again.

This only acts up when the post id is filled at the Post edit Access menu.

ArieHeij
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

I narrowed the problem down to the plugin: ACF: Better Search.
    When that one is activated I get problems. I deactivated the plugin for now and it keeps working.
    So it seems a combination problem between ACF: Better Search and Post Edit Access.

Hope you can replicate the problem and make a fix for it.
    Thanks.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Arie,

Thanks for the information. I just wanted to recommend you, if you have some unused plugins activated try to deactivate them. It will free some memory and may resolve an issue.

Before I will start tests with “ACF: Better Search”, what if to deactivate some other plugin(s), but leave ACF BS active instead? Will error 500 problem stay or go away? I

ArieHeij
    Participant

Vladimir,

I deactivated all plugins exept User Rol Editor and “ACF: Better Search” then I still got the 500 error. When I also disable “ACF: Better Search” then the error 500 doesn’t occurred anymore.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Arie,

Perfect. Now, I reproduced a PHP error trying to open restricted pages list having active “ACF Better Search” plugin. I will work on a workaround.

ArieHeij
    Participant

great thanks.

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Can you please test development version 4.45.b2?
    It’s available after login from the same Download” page.

ArieHeij
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,

I have tested 4.45.b2 and I can confirm that the issue has been fixed in this version.
    Thanks for the quick fix.

Kind regards,

Arie

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Arie,

Thanks for the help with isolating this conflict between 2 plugins.

ArieHeij
    Participant

No problem. Glad I could help.
    Thanks again.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.