Change WordPress user roles and capabilities Forums How to or FAQ Duplicate product – shop manager

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    centroil
    Participant

Hi,
    I have created a shop manager role but now I notice that he lose the capability to duplicate products. I do not find that capability in the list.
    What should I do to make the shop manager able to duplicate a product?

Thanks for support.
    Have a nice day

Michele

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi Michele,

WooCommerce by default uses ‘manage_woocommerce’ capability for ‘Duplicate’ link under products. It’s possible to replace it with something other using provide custom filter ‘woocommerce_duplicate_product_capability’, like this:

add_filter('woocommerce_duplicate_product_capability', 'wc_duplicate_product_cap', 10, 1);
    function wc_duplicate_product_cap( $cap ) {
      $cap = 'edit_products';
      return $cap;
    }

centroil
    Participant

Thanks so much Vladimir, really!
    Michele

ataeipour
    Participant

Hi Vladimir,
    what is the place to add this code filter?
    Because when I try to add capability only have the option to add title and not places to add for code.
    can you please help me to find a place to add this code?

Vladimir
    Keymaster

Hi ataeipour,

You can add such code to the functions.php file of your active theme.

ataeipour
    Participant

Hello again Vladimir,
    Thank you for your help and I did fix my issue with the Duplicate product capability, but I have the same issue with(Add New product capability) and can not find this capability separately on the capability list. if I check (manage_woocommerce) then New product it is shows up for the user on the backend but I don’t want to check this capability please let me know how I can add this capability separately like the duplicate product?
    Thank you.

ataeipour
    Participant

Thank you I found the problem and solve it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.